Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The produce is selling well.

Dear Readers, I recently discovered the "Stat" feature of Blogspot. It seems the people behind this resource have been quietly cataloging page views per article on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. What's more, I can also pull up a map of the world which reveals, in shades of green, where my Readers come from! I must say you all are a far flung group. The largest concentration of Readers come from North America, but there are curious concentrations of you in Russia and Brazil. It appears the Germans will have nothing to do with me, and I get big virtual yawn from the French. But this is easily offset by the single Reader I have from the Isle of Man.

I learned as an Improv Actor how to play to the crowd, and I am shameless about doing so. As there are numerous aspects of altitude climbing that might grab a person's imagination I am naturally curious which articles have received the most attention. And there is a clear winner. Logging in four times as many page views as the next most popular entry in my Blog, "The Shallot: A Haiku" is what the people want. This would appear to be the case outside my Blog as well. This piece is presently the number one Google search result for "Haiku and Shallot."  This is, admittedly, a fairly narrow search. But hey.

I love that! Probably because I love the random parts of life; like the fact that a giant inflatable gorilla is suppose to make me want to purchase an automobile. But I am irretrievably committed to this climb, dear friends,  and so cannot shift my focus of fancy to fibrous consumables. "Ode to Broccoli Crown" will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment